TITLE: Director of Budget and Finance
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Hold a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, CPA Preferred
2. Demonstrate knowledge of budget, finance and accounting, and the ability to communicate to diverse groups
3. Familiarity with computer office and finance software
4. School Finance Experience Preferred
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent for Administration and Personnel
SUPERVISES: Accounting Manager, Payroll/Benefits Manager, Accounting
and Payroll Associates
JOB GOAL: To manage the financial, budgetary, and purchasing affairs of the School Division in a prudent and effective manner
1. Plan, direct, and coordinate the preparation of the School Division's annual budget
2. Plan, direct, and coordinate general accounting activities for the School Division and serve as a liaison between the School Board and the County's Central Accounting Office for such activities
3. Manage the accounts payable and payroll functions for the School Division
4. Provide periodic accounting and budgetary reports to the School Board, Superintendent, and key staff. Monitor and track expenditures to provide historical information and to make expenditure projections for budget preparation.
5. Prepare the Annual School Report and other various federal, state, and local financial reports as required
6. Plan, direct, and coordinate the Federal Impact Aid accounting and application procedures
7. Project present and future year compensation and benefit costs and coordinate projections with budget
8. Prepare monthly accounting adjustments and budget transfers and post to general ledger
9. Manage grants functions and approve reimbursement requests in state grant system (OMEGA)
10.Coordinate annual financial audits (school division, School Activity Fund and PTO/PTA) and prepare corrective actions.
11.Conduct periodic training sessions for school bookkeepers and PTO officers
12.Track and Monitor FMLA absences and compute unpaid leave impacts for employees. Assist with dissemination and submission of short-term disability claim forms13. Assist employees with benefit questions and changes (with HR department).
14. Analyze and review annual health and dental insurance renewals and negotiate with health and dental insurance providers. Communicate renewal information to the School Board, Superintendent and all staff
15. Oversee and manage other employee benefits preparing Requests for Proposals as needed
16. Perform other related duties as assigned
1. Involves limited physical tasks including lifting, and may involve operation of equipment such as computers, copiers, overhead projectors, etc.
EMPLOYMENT: 12 month contract; Grade 31
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Personnel.