The position is responsible for assisting in the preparation and administration of the school operating and capital budgets as well as assiting with the completion of annual financial reporting requirement. Assists with projects are required.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Review annual departmental budget development submissions and documentation of personnel and resource allocations for accuracy; update data in budget system software.
- Assist in monitoring, analyzing and reporting financial and operational data.
- Provide accurate data and analysis to assist in the preparation of the budget and related documents.
- Prepare salary and fringe benefit projections and projections of non-personnel costs.
- Assist with monitoring revenue projections for current and proposed budgets.
- Serve as a liaison and collaborate with staff in other offices and departments on budget and/or grant related issues.
- Assist with budgetary, financial and operational research for reports, projects and program evaluations as requested.
- Review and analyze budget transfer requests to evaluate availability of funds and budgetary impacts; enter budget transfers into financial system.
- Prepare the monthly financial reports.
- Assist with position management, including updating position allocations and monitoring the staffing of personnel.
- Oversee the collection, analysis and tabulation of data, and preparation of annual reports for the Impact Aid program.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have a general knowledge of the principles and general laws governing school financial practices and procedures; general knowledge of school budgeting procedures; general knowledge of school administration operations. Must have the ability to develop and present ideas effectively in oral and written format; work independently and as part of a team; work in a timely and efficient manner to meet deadlines; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the School Board and senior staff, school officials, budget managers, grant coordinators and associates. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in finance, public administration, accounting or related field with related experience.
A comparable amount of training and experience maybe substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Work is regularly performed in an office setting, The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job description is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties. Hanover County Public Schools retains the right to change job duties and assign other duties not included in the formal job description.
09/2018 New Hanover County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.